File Explorer Always Opens in Libraries folder in Windows 7, 8 - How to change target folder to my computer (Video)
That's one of the big annoyance in Windows 7, 8. By default, in the taskbar whenever you click on Windows Explorer icon in Windows 7, 8 opens Libraries folder. I'm sure almost all Windows users like me want it to open My Computer window instead.
So without wasting any time, lets start the tutorial:
- you must open windows explorer shortcut to change the target folder of windows explorer shortcut already comes pinned to taskbar as default in windows 7, 8.
- Hold down "Shift" key and right-click on the icon in taskbar and click Properties.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the icon which will show the list as below image, right-click on "Windows Explorer" if you use windows 7 or "File Explorer" if you use windows 8, then click on Properties.
- In the Target field type the following and then click OK:
That's it. Now whenever you'll click on on the pinned Windows Explorer icon, it'll open My Computer window as default.
- if you tried it and the libraries still open just change target to: %windir%\explorer.exe shell:MyComputerFolder
- To point the Windows explorer to another directory, simply add its location to right after %windir%\explorer.exe ( For example: %windir%\explorer.exe E:\downloads )
- If you want to restore Windows Explorer shortcut to open Libraries again, simply just remove blank space and double-quotes ("") at the end