Using USB Flash drives daily for data transfer from computer to another, the biggest problem is harmful viruses on USB drive that hide all your file and folders in the USB Flash drive. It's important to keep your data in USB Flash Drives to be safe, So in this tutorial will show to you How to unlock hidden files and folders.
Recover Hidden Files in Virus Infected USB Pendrive or an external hard drive by Using MS Command Prompt
These methods work on all Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Plug in your USB Flash Drive to your computer and you must find USB flash drive letter.
- Press on Windows key + R or Click on start menu –> Run, then in Run box type CMD and hit Enter.
- Now MS Command Prompt will appear to you, in command prompt type your USB flash drive letter e.g. F: and hit Enter.
- Type or copy the following command and hit Enter.
attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
- Now hit Enter as show in image above and wait for sometime. Now you can view all your Data in USB Flash drive without any troubles and extra programs.
Recover Hidden Files in Virus Infected USB Pendrive or an external hard drive by Using Software's
If this method doesn’t work with you, Also you can try download a program called USB Show it is a small and very easy tool that will help you to unhide your files, which hidden by a nasty virus on any storage device removable.
Just download USB Show it is portable not requires setup and click on Recovery the hide files button and select your USB Pendrive or any storage device removable.
That’s all; Confused? Feel free to ask us
If you liked this post you can share it with friends from share icon in the left and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you Subscribe to our regular Email Updates!