Easy way If you forget your Windows password, you can use a password reset disk to create a new password without any CD/DVD or an OS installer disc. We recommend that you create a password reset disk Whenever you create your password in Windows 8, so you don't lose access to your PC Windows. In order to create a password reset disk you need to USB flash drive.
Use The Following Steps To Start Forgotten Password Wizard:
Before you can Run “Forgotten Password Wizard” you must first plugin a USB flash drive.
- Press Windows key or Open Windows Start Screen then type password reset, When the search results display, On right sidebar click on the Settings and then click on the Create a password reset disk option. or through the Control Panel –> User Accounts –> In the left pane, click on "Create a password Reset Disk".
- Now the Forgotten Password Wizard screen should now appear then Click on the Next button.(see image below)
- Select USB flash drive letter that you want to use and then click on the Next button.
- Now Enter the current password for the user account you are logged in as and then click on the Next button. If the account does not have a password, leave the box blank.
- Now The Forgotten Password Wizard will now create the userkey.psw file and save it on USB Flash that you selected.
- Now When it is done you will be appear on the screen that progress states that it is 100% complete. then Click on the Next button and you will be appear to you the summary screen.
- Now your password reset disk has now been completed and you can click on the Finish button to close the Forgotten Password wizard
Notice: Now you can Eject this USB Flash Disk and keep it in a safe place. Because anyone can reset your User Windows password if they have access to it.
That's all, You've Successfully created a password reset disk for your user account. he next topic will be "How to use a Windows Password Reset Disk to reset your Windows Password"
Credit First Image Thimix2