Recently, Facebook launched a new password recovery feature for more protect to the Facebook users and to give you more control over your account security.With this new feature, Facebook users can choose between 3 to 5 close friends who can be contacted if there are any problems to login to their accounts.
How to use Trusted Contacts/Friends To Protect your Facebook Account
- Login to your Facebook Account.
- Open Account Settings page.
- Click on Security tab in the left side, then click on Trusted Contacts.
- Now you can Choose your Trusted Contacts, where you can select three to five friends to be your trusted contacts.
- Choose friends you trust only.
- Choose friends you can reach without using Facebook, e.g. over the phone or personally, so you’ll need to contact them when you can’t log in to get the codes.
With Facebook trusted contacts feature, there’s no need to worry about remembering the answer to your security question or filling out long forms to proof your identity. You can recover your account with help from your close friends.
For further protection, you can use
- Secure Browsing Protocol (https) is an extra security feature. When you turn this feature on, all of your activity on Facebook becomes encrypted.
- Login Notifications Facebook will Email and text message you when anyone try to login to you Facebook account.
- Login Approvals it’s The most important step for protect your Facebook If you turn on login approvals, you'll be requested to enter a special login code by text (SMS) message each time you try to access your Facebook account from a new computer or mobile phone.